SUpport and WarrantyFrequently Asked Questions
- Where are Silfab’s modules designed?
Silfab’s product development (R&D) team are all based in North America.
- What’s the difference between your module codes (i.e, SIL-XXX BK or SIL-XXX NX
Please visit our products page here (www.xxx ) or contact a sales representative.
- How do I register to get the extended warranty?
Please fill the form at the warranty registration page, we will review and send you a certificate.
- I need to re-roof my house, does that void my warranty?
You are allowed to remove the modules, and re-roof, then replace them in their original design, you may not move modules from your original installation location.
- Are you a Tier 1 company?
Silfab is a bankable Tier 1 company vetted by the top 3rd party testing laboratories in the industry.
- Do you have pan files for your modules?
You can download the pan files and datasheets on the download page here (www.xxx).
- What kind of marketing material do you provide?
Out of respect for the environment we do not provide hardcopies of our marketing materials but have product sheets, sell sheets, homeowner brochures, etc all available for download here (www.xxx)
- How do I clean my solar panels?
See installation manual for maintenance / A commercial glass cleaner, and soft toothed brush can be used as well as a hose.
- How do I transfer the warranty to a new homeowner?
It transfers automatically with the title of the house.
- Where can your panels be installed?
In many situations residential installs are done on your roof but ground-mounted systems are also common. Silfab panels can be utilized in either application. Please discuss this with your installer during your initial solar assessment.
- Will I need to apply for any permits in order to install a solar system?
Your installer will handle all permitting issues related to installing your Silfab solar system.
- How long does the entire process take from start to finish?
From start to finish, the solar installation process will take anywhere from 2 to 6 months, most of it waiting for government incentives and permitting to be approved. The actual on-site installation only takes a couple of days with minimal inconvenience.
- What type of maintenance is involved with a solar system?
With very few moving parts, a solar system is relatively maintenance free. An occasional cleaning of panels will ensure optimal performance.
- I own a condo/townhouse/multi-family residence, am I eligible?
You might be. You will need to own the roof and have your own electric meter. It is best to check with your homeowners association (HOA) or building jurisdiction to get this information.
- If I’m a renter, can I still purchase a system?
Permitting and liability issues typically prevent tenant solar installations.
- What is Net Metering?
Net Metering is the regulatory ability to get credit for the electricity you generate with your solar system and send backwards through your utility meter. Exact provisions vary with each state, but the effect is to allow you to generate excess power during the day to use at night.
- Does the net metering process cover both the gas and electric bill?
Net metering will only cover the electricity portion of your utility bill.
- Is there a self-installation option?
Permitting for electrical projects generally requires licensing not available to a home owner. Regardless of the individual performing the installation, Silfab’s installation manual must be reviewed and adhered to.
- Can a residential solar system be attached onto a tile roof?
Yes, your dealer will present a solution on installing a Silfab system onto tile roofs in a seamless fashion.
- Are the panels fragile?
No. While the panels are made of tempered glass, they’re quite strong. They pass hail and snow load tests as well as other extreme weather conditions.
- If I sell my home, how does a Silfab solar system affect the sale price?
Solar energy can be one of the best home improvement investments you make. Energy conservation and renewable generation is likely to add value to a home
- How long will my Silfab solar panels last?
Silfab solar panels have a 25-year workmanship warranty and a 30-year performance warranty – longer than almost anything else you can buy.
- Do you sell direct to installers?
As a manufacturer we concentrate on the R&D and manufacturing of solar panels. We then sell our panels through our national distribution network.
- Where can I buy Silfab Solar Panels?
Silfab Solar panels can be purchased through our national distribution network. Please check our “where to buy” link or contact us to make a connection with a distributor.
- Why should I buy Silfab Solar versus other solar panels?
Silfab is a North American-based, pure-play panel manufacturer with industry leading quality, warranty and support. Partnering with Silfab helps your company differentiate their offering while ensuring you have domestic support from cradle to grave with your installations.
- Where are your panels made?
Silfab manufactures all of our residential products at our three North American facilities.
- Do you provide any training about your product?
Yes we provide sales training for all of our installation or distribution partners. Please contact us to arrange a session.
- Where can I find information about your products?
Our website contains a plethora of information about our company and our products. The downloads section contains many files that you can use in your business. If you cant find something, please contact us.
- What are the new products coming out?
Our sales representatives are knowledgeable about our product roadmap and would be happy to arrange a session to discuss any details you are looking for.
- Cost-How much do you sell Silfab Solar SIL-XXX for?
Our national distribution network manages the market price of our solar panels. Please contact your preferred distributor for panel pricing.
- Do I have to register every installation to have them covered under warranty?
No, our extended warranty program requires a one-time company registration. This registration will be reviewed and if approved, a certificate will be provided to your firm that will allow you to provide the extended warranty on all your future installations with Silfab panels.
- Do you make any bifacial products today?
No, in 2021 we do not have any plans to build C&I bifacial modules.
- Does Silfab build products for commercial, industrial and utility scale projects?
Yes, Silfab has been a part of projects of all sizes for over a decade in North America.
- Why would I use Silfab modules for C&I projects?
All of Silfab’s product and engineering team are based here in North America to assist in your project needs. Our team can work alongside yours during the sales through delivery stages
- Where can I buy your C&I products?
Our national level distribution network carry our C&I products for your everyday needs. If you have larger projects/portfolios (i.e, 1MW+) please contact Silfab directly.
- What wattage of panel will Silfab be building for future projects?
Our sales representatives have knowledge of our product roadmap. Please contact us to discuss.
- What warranty is on your C&I solar panels?
Silfab has the same industry leading 25 year workmanship and 30 year performance warranty on all panels.